Botox is the short and catchy name of 'Botulinum toxin'. This is a kind of a neuro-toxic and medication that is derived out of bacterium named "Clostridium botulinum". Botox is basically a kind of substance that is being used in contemporary cosmetic world as treatment of muscular spasm if used in small doses. Although, it is the most toxic element used by mankind, it is being used widely by millions of men and women worldwide as an instant way to remove their facial wrinkles and fine lines and in other fine lines.
Apart from usage in cosmetic procedures, Botox has been successfully tested and applied to be used in curing of excessive under-arm sweating, treatment of spastic ailments, muscular pain disorders, headaches, migraine, prostate related ailments, asthmatic ailments, obesity etc.
The Botox can be put to judicious medical use if it is carefully purified and isolated. The purified form of Botox can prove out to be a wonderful medication resource. Medical researchers have discovered that if Botox is injected in minute quantities into hyperactive muscles, they reduce the muscular activism by blocking the discharge of acetylcholine ot of the skin neurons.
In the contemporary cosmetic world, the injections of Botox are being commonly used as 'wrinkle eraser'. They are injected by certified and professionally trained dermatologists, cosmetic physicians, plastic surgeons, medical practitioners, physician assistants and nurses.
Apart from the cosmetic applications, Botox is also used widely in the treatment of-
- Cervical dystonia - This is a neuro-muscular disorder that affects the neck and the head.
- Blepharospasm - This causes excessive blinking.
- Axillary hyperhidrosis - This causes excessive sweating.
- Achalasia - This causes failure of lower portion of esophagus.
- Chronic and painful neuropathies
- Migraine and severe headache disorders
- Pediatric related disorders.
- Overactive bladder
- Ailments related to neurogenic bladder
- Anal fissure
- Spastic disorders causing trauma or stroke
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Disorders affecting limbs, jaw, face or vocal cords
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Healing of Wound
The dose of Botox should be administered from expert practitioners else there can be fatal side effects of it. Allegedly, the over or the wrong dosage of Botox can cause paralysis, allergic reaction, bruising, droopy eyelids, irregular smile, faulty muscular function etc.
No Listings Yet